Ah, the new year. It often brings up feelings of excitement and thoughts of hope and possibility. That’s exactly what we’re experiencing at Boclips! As we celebrate the new year, we are thrilled to announce our new partnerships with some of the most innovative and exciting video content creators out there.
Meet Oversimplified, Dollar Design School, Vooks, Icon Math, and Amoeba Sisters, an illustrious group of educators, animators, and storytellers who are here to make learning fun and interactive. With their unique and engaging video content, you'll be able to take your students on a journey through time, space, and different subjects. You'll be able to show them the beauty of design, the power of storytelling, and the wonders of science and math.
So, as we celebrate the start of the new year, we invite you to join us in welcoming these amazing educators and creators to our family. We are confident that their video content will provide valuable resources and make learning fun and interactive.
1. Henry VIII
Oversimplified has been educating and entertaining millions of people on YouTube for years. They tackle a variety of world history and political topics with simple animation and a great sense of humor.
This video and others from Oversimplified may be especially useful for:
- Explaining and providing context and background information for historical and political topics
- Breaking up lectures or readings with animated, funny videos
- Helping learners to more easily understand dense social studies material
2. Basic Document Structure
The team at Dollar Design School is aiming to provide free and low-cost training in coding and digital design to future tech pros. The creator provides explanations and tips to help students learn how to use design software, create their own apps, and use critical design skills.
This video and others from Dollar Design School may be especially useful for:
- Introducing tech and design concepts and skills
- Providing step-by-step instructions
- Helping adult learners upskill into new tech or design roles
Vooks brings storybooks to life with beautiful animation and engaging narration and audio. Their catalog includes classics, like “Cinderella,” and stories that will almost certainly become classics for kids, like “Poopendous.”
This video and others from Vooks may be especially useful for:
- Primary school students who are learning to read or have difficulty with reading
- Helping children, including English language learners, with language acquisition
- Engaging students in literacy with read-aloud narration and read-along text
4. Bears and Fish
Icon Math has a vast library of over 700 Common Core-aligned video lessons on mathematical concepts. The creator uses real-world examples and animations to make the content engaging and easy to understand.
This video and others from Icon Math may be especially useful for:
- Introducing and explaining topics covered in grades three through six
- Keeping students engaged with short animated videos
- Contextualizing math lessons with real-world examples
Amoeba Sisters is a channel produced by a powerhouse duo of sisters who are on a mission to demystify biology and life science. Through the combination of colorful illustrations, relevant connections, and humorous asides, their videos make even the most complicated science topics engaging and easy to understand.
This video and others from Amoeba Sisters may be especially useful for:
- Students from the secondary level all the way through the higher education level
- Providing visual examples of complex biological processes
- Building connections between biology material and learners’ own lives and experiences
To find out more about how you can use these Boclips videos and millions of others in your courseware, get in touch with us. And if you want to keep seeing new Boclips content at the end of every month, subscribe to our blog
- #Video in Digital Learning
- #Video Content Partners
- #Tips for Using Video
- #Boclips for Publishers
- #Educational Videos by Subject Area
- #Issues in Education
- #Events & Holidays
- #Video and Teaching Tools
- #Teaching Methodologies
- #News and Announcements
- #Video and Digital Literacy
- #Educational Videos
- #Multimodal Learning
- #Education Videos
- #Instructional Design
- #Video and Student Safety
- #Accessibility in Education
- #Short Educational Videos